Monday, May 21, 2012

Final Blog post

I can’t believe it is finally done! I am really glad I choose to do the project that I did, because I think I learned a lot about myself and I was genuinely interested in the topic. I think that my project focused on a lot of the skills, one skill I didn’t get to use as much as I wish I could have was my speaking skills. Although, I noticed when I spoke in front of the class about my project I was not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be. I had practiced the night before it was about 10 minutes but I knew that I would talk faster in front of people because I usually get so nervous but my speech in front of the class was even longer because once I got going I relaxed so much. I think this was due to the fact that I was so passionate about my topic. Another skill I think I have improved on was my writing. I had to do a lot of write ups and as I continued with my project I found that they got easier and easier. I have learned a lot about myself because the project was based solely on my friends and their personalities and how they relate to my personality. I thought it was really interesting how much of a connection there was with my friends at LA and my friends back home. I think my biggest strength was the way I managed my time. For the most part I stayed right on track which made it so much easier once we started getting to the end of the project. I always thought I struggled with time management and I think having to do this project on my own really helped me and I think it will be really helpful once I go to college. My advice to students in the future is to pick a topic they really enjoy because you will be spending your entire spring working on it. Also because it is a project that you have to work on outside of class you want to really enjoy what you are doing or else it will not get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment